We first came into existence in 1915. We were originally located adjacent to the old brickworks at the bottom of lowes lane, which leads up to its current location. It moved to it's present location in the 1930's. Over the Years the club has undergone many transformations which include the course having to be redesigned when the construction of the M66 Motorway meant it lost two of it's holes. As part of the arrangement with the motorway contractors, two new holes designed by Peter Alliss, were built on the opposite side of the lane close to the site of the original course.